Wednesday 22 April 2020

A little bit of self care.....

Hi everyone...

How are you all doing?

I hope you're all keeping safe and well.  Another 3 weeks of lockdown awaits us.  In a way the last few weeks have gone much quicker than I thought they would and I'm really starting to enjoy this slower way of living 😊.  
I've been using this time to really look at my whole life and start making a few much needed changes.
One of my goals this lockdown was continuing with self care and looking after myself both physically and mentally.
 I do like to exercise but was struggling to find something that I really love to do.  So after searching my DVD shelves I found a Pilates DVD.   I'm loving it!!!.  It really sets me up for the day ahead.  It gets me in the right frame of mind as well as stretching those muscles.    

B and I have started walking and have found ourselves in the middle of knowwhere. Just being out in the fresh air is great for blowing the cobwebs away.  
I've even managed to get hubby doing some walking!!

We are all feeling so much better for it and its certainly helping the cabin fever.







I've had a social media "declutter".  And although sometimes it hard you realise that some people are holding you back from being the best version of yourself that you can be.  Its important to make those decisions at times....you never know what better things awaits you.

We've been home cooking....Flapjacks, Brownies, Rock cakes, Home made pizzas from scratch and cheesy potato pie (Thanks Tilly!!).   
.
Home school work is ongoing.  So I thought it was just Maths I was rubbish at, turns out I don't know a great deal about secondary school English either!!
Still its keeping B amused having to teach us things.

Alexa and I have been dancing around the house to all sorts of music as well as doing quizzes.

So what have I got in the pipe line to keep me busy?  Well.....I'm going to be learning about lots more personal growth.  I am going to be teaching myself how to play the guitar with the help of You Tube. I'm planning on doing more blogging and journaling as well as keep in touch with friends and family.

What are you guys all doing?   How are you coping with all the changes?  Have you got anything planned?   Please feel free to comment...I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time...relax, keep smiling and stay safe.

S xxx


4 comments:

  1. Thank you....I'm learning slowly :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm REALLY getting used to the slower pace if life the lockdown has brought! I think getting back to a working routine when this is over is going to be.. interesting!
    I'm walking when I can and, as you know, getting loads of practice in with my photography. It gives me such a buzz and really helps with my mental health.

    Love your blogs. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😘.
      Walking is great... Really clears your head.

      Keep up with the photography... Your pictures are lovely xx

      Delete